Commercial Roofing Vernon Hills
Commercial Roofing Contractors Vernon Hills
Gen Ex Construction has provided roofing services to businesses in Vernon Hills, Illinois, and the surrounding area for over 10 years. From warehouses to strip malls. Gen Ex has helped businesses solve all their roofing problems. We provide more than just new roof installation. We also work with companies to repair and maintain their roofs. Did your business experience storm damage? Our team can help; we will work with your insurance company to ensure you get the roofing service you deserve! We are available for emergency service!
Commercial Roof Vernon Hills
When it comes to your business, the right roof can make a big difference. Flat or sloped means your options are different. Flat roofs tend to be on wide or tall buildings such as strip malls, warehouses, and skyscrapers. These roofs are flat for a reason because most of the HVAC and exhaust equipment on the roof needs to be worked on, and a sloped roof means the potential for falling. Smaller buildings have sloped roofs, much like homes. Some of these commercial buildings are homes that were converted into commercial buildings or older buildings, which present their own set of unique challenges. Either way, having extensive knowledge in both is what makes the difference. With an unlimited roofing-license, Gen Ex is certified to work on all types of roofs.
Common Sloped roof types Installed in Vernon Hills are:
- Tile – Tile is one of the longest-lasting roofing materials for sloped roofs. Often tiles can last for years and only need to be replaced if they become damaged. Tile roofs are not cheap and have quite a bit of weight to them as well.
- Shingles – A common roofing material, Shingles are made up of sheets of asphalt. Shingles are an inexpensive option for roofing material and come in a variety of colors.
- Metal – Like flat roofs, sloped roofs can have metal roofing as well. They have the same benefits of durability but also the same drawbacks of cost and weight.
Common Flat roof types Installed in Vernon Hills are:
- EPDM – is commonly known as rubber roofing. This is an inexpensive and lightweight roofing material that can resist UV rays. An added benefit of this lightweight roofing material is that it doesn’t have to be reinforced. The downside to EPDM is that the material is easily punctured by hail or falling branches. It also is not very aesthetically pleasing to look at.
- Asphalt Rolled Roofing – This type of roofing material is one of the oldest styles on the market. Sheets of Asphalt are heated up and rolled onto the surface to create a weatherproof seal. While inexpensive, it has one of the shortest life expectancies at around only 10 years.
- Metal – One of the most durable of the roofing materials, metal roofing comprises sheets of metal that are laid down on top of the roof, providing all-weather capabilities that resist damage. The downside to metal roofs, in addition to their cost, is the weight. Metal Roofs are heavier than other roofing material and often need superior support or reinforcement for installation.
- TPO – This roofing material is a thermoplastic polyolefin roof. It is an inexpensive material that is lightweight. TPO is also white, reflecting the sun’s heat, helping to keep your building cool. TPO roofing’s drawback is that it is not fire-resistant, meaning a fireproofing process will need to be included.
- PVC – Similar to the pipes that run throughout most homes. PVC roofs are one of the more durable options while still being lightweight. The heat welding process creates strong, lasting bonds that will last and is flexible while being UV resistant. The biggest downside to this roofing material is cost. PVC is one of the more expensive options and does not stand up as well in colder weather.
The company did a great job. They completed the work in a timely manner as promised. I would highly recommend them.