Roofing Service in Barrington Illinois
Ask us about our Active Military/Veteran Discount.
There are many things that impact the life of your roof in Barrington, Illinois ranging from; Age, to weather impacts, ventilation, and general wear and tear. There are many important things you should know about your roof and Gen Ex Construction is here to help. We have been roof specialists, serving the Barrington area since 2004! That is why Gen Ex Construction is the name people trust when it comes to roofing services in Barrington, Illinois. That is why Gen Ex Construction is here, to provide you with the absolute BEST in roofing services.
Roof Repair Barrington
One of the most important things to remember is that if your roof has 3 layers, then you have to tear off the entire roof. This is a state statute. According to Illinois, there are only 2 layers of roofing allowed. Therefore, if you have an older home it is important to know how many times the roof has been redone. If you notice any of the warning signs on your roof, then it is time to consider whether it is better to repair or replace your roof.
If you are under that threshold, then you might be a candidate for roof repair instead of replacement. While you can always choose to repair a roof yourself, it is better to rely on a professional roofing repair service in your area. Gen Ex Construction has been serving Barrington, Illinois with the best roof services since 2004!
The timing of the project: We know the brutal winters, Barrington, can have. Therefore the time of season should also be a point of wondering whether you should repair or replace. The best time for roof repair, replacement, or installation is March through November.
Cost v ROI: Cost of the repair might be cheaper than replacing the whole roof. However, if you are considering moving soon or if you are looking at different roofing styles than the one you currently have, a new roof is actually more affordable because a new roof is a great selling point for your future home.
What the Repair Entails: If the repair is only going to fix one problem, whereas replacement gives your home better safety, then always choose replacement every time. It is important to make sure that your family and our belongings are safe for the future. However, if it is a minor repair, that doesn’t compromise the structural integrity of your roof, then choose to repair the situation.
Types of Roofs
The materials that are used to make roofs are not the only thing that has advanced since the first homes. The shapes of the roofs and functions have also changed. While most are a result of the structural changes to the home, some are created as aesthetics all on their own, and some are designed to serve special functions as well.
- Pyramid Hip Roof: This roof follows the same structural format of a Hip roof, except that instead of coming to a ridge, the flat sides of the roof come to a single point, often located in the middle of the structure.
- Saltbox Roof: This Roof is characterized as an inverted V over the structure, but has one side that he longer than the other. Giving this style of roof an offset look.
- Gambrel Roof: This is often called the “Barn roof.” This is due to the extensive use of Gambrel roofs on barns. This roof has 4 sections, two small shallow angled sections at the top, with two steeper sections adjacent to them.
- Gable & Valley Roof: This is a typical roof that people will see around suburban areas. This roof goes up to a ridge over the interior of the structure. This covers different sections of the home and meet up with other ridges, but have a line called valleys where they meet when at an angle to each other. These roofs are characterized by an inverted V shape at the ends. Interestingly, you can mix and match roof styles when building a gable and valley roof such as a gambrel and gable or gable and hop.
- Hip Roof: These are also common, unlike Gable roofs Hip Roofs slip upwards from all edges of the home, coming to a central ridge. This style can be fitted to homes that have any layout, and when the structure includes a cross footprint, the ridges meet at an inward slope.
- Flat Roof: As simple as the name, a flat roof has no peaks on it. Often used on warehouses, factories, and large structures. A Flat roof has the added benefit of the roof being used as an outdoor area. This is the most common roof seen in the major cities. It is also a style of roof seen on many modern and mid-century homes.
- Bonnet Roof: A bonnet roof has an additional section that covers the area around the edge of the roof with an overhang, often supported with pillars to provide people with protection while outside. This can be added to any of the other designs such as hip, gambrel or gable, but once the addition is made becomes a Bonnet Roof.
Signs Your Home Needs A New Roof
If you think your roof needs repair or that your home needs roof replacement; keep your eye out for these warning signs:
- Cracked Shingles: Along with missing shingles, curling shingles, cracked shingles are just as serious a warning sign that you should consider getting a roof replacement.
- Dark Streaks: This is a sign of airborne algae that has started to grow on your roof.
- Moss: If you have a moss covered roof, even if you like the aesthetic look, you can be opening yourself up to more problems. Moss in between the shingles can actually hold moisture which in turn will actually damage the roof more.
- Leaks: If you notice, holes or leaks, in your roof, you should consider calling a professional roofing service to come and inspect your roof to make sure it is still safe.
- Age: If your roof is at least 18 years old then you should call a professional roofing service to inspect your roof immediately. After 18 years roofs start to break down and lose its ability to hold their integrity.
- Curled shingle edges: If you notice the edges of your shingles curling up, or if you notice the shingle tabs are cupped, then this is a good indication that you should consider getting your roof replaced.
- Bald Spots: If your roof has several bald spots, where there are missing shingles you should definitely consider getting a professional roofing service to come out and inspect your roof.
Roofing Services Barrington, Illinois
When it comes to expert roofing services in Barrington, Illinois Gen Ex Construction is your number one choice. We have the experience and the knowledge you need to make sure that your roof is done correctly the first time, every time. With Gen Ex Construction we work with you, so you know exactly what we are doing every step of the way. We work with you and explain everything so there are no surprises with your new roof. Gen Ex Construction is licensed and insured.