Roofing Contractors in Huntley, Illinois
Ask us about our Active Military/Veteran Discount.
Roofers in Huntley
There are many things that impact the life of your roof in Huntley, Illinois ranging from; Age, to weather impacts, ventilation, and general wear and tear. There are many important things you should know about your roof and Gen Ex Construction is here to help. We have been roof specialists, serving the Huntley area since 2004! That is why Gen Ex Construction is the name people trust when it comes to roofing services in Huntley, Illinois. That is why Gen Ex Construction is here, to provide you with the absolute BEST in roofing services. Contact us today to schedule a FREE ROOFING ESTIMATE! To keep up with our latest projects and news, be sure to follow us on Facebook!
Roof Repair Service in Huntley
One of the most important things to remember is that if your roof has 3 layers, then you have to tear off the entire roof. This is a state statute. According to Illinois, there are only 2 layers of roofing allowed. Therefore, if you have an older home it is important to know how many times the roof has been redone. If you notice any of the warning signs on your roof, then it is time to consider whether it is better to repair or replace your roof.
If you are under that threshold then you might be a candidate for roof repair instead of replacement. While you can always choose to repair a roof yourself, it is better to rely on a professional roofing repair service in your area. Gen Ex Construction has been serving Huntley, Illinois with the best roof services since 2004!
Cost v ROI: Cost of the repair might be cheaper than replacing the whole roof. However, if you are considering moving soon or if you are looking at different roofing styles than the one you currently have, a new roof is actually more affordable because a new roof is a great selling point for your future home.
What the Repair Entails: If the repair is only going to fix one problem, whereas replacement gives your home better safety, then always choose replacement every time. It is important to make sure that your family and our belongings are safe for the future. However, if it is a minor repair, that doesn’t compromise the structural integrity of your roof, then choose to repair the situation.
The timing of the project: We know the brutal winters, Huntley, can have. Therefore the time of season should also be a point of wondering whether you should repair or replace. The best time for roof repair, replacement, or installation is March through November.
Signs Your Home Needs A New Roof
If you think your roof needs repair or that your home needs roof replacement; keep your eye out for these warning signs:
- Cracked Shingles: Along with missing shingles, curling shingles, cracked shingles are just as serious a warning sign that you should consider getting a roof replacement.
- Leaks: If you notice, holes or leaks, in your roof, you should consider calling a professional roofing service to come and inspect your roof to make sure it is still safe.
- Age: If your roof is at least 18 years old then you should call a professional roofing service to inspect your roof immediately. After 18 years roofs start to break down and lose its ability to hold their integrity.
- Curled shingle edges: If you notice the edges of your shingles curling up, or if you notice the shingle tabs are cupped, then this is a good indication that you should consider getting your roof replaced.
- Bald Spots: If your roof has several bald spots, where there are missing shingles you should definitely consider getting a professional roofing service to come out and inspect your roof.
- Dark Streaks: This is a sign of airborne algae that has started to grow on your roof.
- Moss: If you have a moss covered roof, even if you like the aesthetic look, you can be opening yourself up to more problems. Moss in between the shingles can actually hold moisture which in turn will actually damage the roof more.
Roofing Materials We Offer
- Composite Shingles: The most common type of roofing material. Composite shingles vary widely in quality meaning that they will last anywhere from 15-30 years on average. There are some higher quality composite shingles that are certified for 50 years, but that does not mean that will be how long they last. Composite shingles are the most common and are inexpensive to purchase and install.
- Wood Shingles: Wood shingles are prone to weathering and decay, but come with a lifespan of around 25 years. To increase the lifespan broken shingles should be replaced quickly, and moss should be kept under control.
- Tar and Stone: This style is typically used on flat roofs. This involves laying sheets down and covering them with tar to seal and keep water out. Then stones are spread on top to provide a strong protective layer from debris and hail.
- Wood Shake Shingle Roof: Similar to Wood Shingle roofs, wood shake shingles are thicker. This makes them more durable and able to resist UV light and weather better. Increasing the lifespan of wood roofs to 35-40 years. Wood shake shingle roofs can last for 50 or more years with proper maintenance. Replacing broken or warped shingles, removing debris, and making sure to keep Moss under control.
- Metal Roof: Becoming more popular are metal roofs. Typically used on free-standing structures, Standing Seam Metal Roofs are stronger and more durable. On average standing seam metal, roofs have a lifespan of 30-50 years.