Winterizing Your Home
Have you winterized your home in Crystal Lake, Illinois? Winterizing your home is important because it helps prevent damages to your home. You should winterize your roof and siding to ensure there are no holes, cracks or wear and tear. These problems can cause lots of issues to your home in the winter. The cold weather and snow will make the issues worse and cost you to get expensive repairs. If you are not sure where to start when winterizing your home, contact the professionals at Gen Ex Construction. We can inspection your roof or siding and see if there is anything you need to repair. After the inspection we can repair any damages for you, so you can be confident in knowing your roof or siding is ready for winter.
Why Trust Gen Ex?
- Work With All Major Insurnace Companies
- Fast and Reliable
- 5 Star Rating on Facebook
- 5 Star BBB Rating
- 24/7 Services
Winterizing Your Roof
Winter is right around the corner, which means snow is on the way too. If we have a lot of snow like we have gotten in the past then you should winterize your roof. Winterizing your home for winter and snow will help keep your roof from getting damaged from the bad weather. Winterizing your roof in the fall is a great time because it’s not too cold to get on your roof and and make any repairs needed before the snow and frost cover your roof. If you are looking for a local roofing company for a roof inspection, call Gen Ex Construction. Our professionals have the experience and knowledge to take on any roof job. We offer free roof inspections to residents in Crystal Lake! Below are ways to prevent roof damage to your home this winter:
- Clean Gutters – Before it gets extremely cold out, clean out your gutters and downspouts. Cleaning your gutters and downspouts will let water run and not sit in the gutters. If your gutters are clogged and the water just sits then it can end up ruining your foundation.
- Trim Trees – Overhanging trees might break or fall on your home if they are weighted down by snow. It is important to have your trees trimmed before winter so this doesn’t happen to your home. These branches can also scratch and damage your roof.
- Inspect Roof – A roof inspection will help find anything that needs repairs before the winter season begins. It is a good idea to check your shingles and look for any mold. These can both lead to serious damages to your roof if left during the winter in Crystal Lake.
- Insulate Your Attic – Insulate your attic before it gets too cold and snows. If you don’t insulate your roof then you are risking potential water damage to the inside of your ceiling/attic. Water can leak into your attic and cause a pool of water, which can lead to ice pools. This will cause lots of expensive repairs needed to your attic.
Winterizing Your Siding
What better way to winterize your home in Crystal Lake then to start with the exterior. Winterizing your home has many benefits such as reducing energy bills and keeping the cold air out. Winterizing your siding should be done before it gets too cold outside and before it starts to snow. A siding inspection will help find any issues so you can repair them before winter. It is important to fix the parts of your siding that can allow snow or cold air into your home.
How To Winterize Your Siding
- Inspections – Siding inspections in Crystal Lake are important because they can find all cracks, weak spots or holes in your siding. If you find issues with your siding then it will need to be repaired before winter. The cold weather and snow can make these problems worse if they are not repaired. Some problems can cause mold, pests or an increase in energy bills.
- Repairing – After your siding inspection it is important to repair any damages that were found. Making the repair right away will cause less problems and the cold and snow won’t be able to damage your home. Gen Ex Construction can help repair your siding at affordable costs!
Contact Us Today!
Contact Gen Ex Construction for your next roofing and siding inspection in Crystal Lake! Roofing and siding inspections will keep your home in great condition all winter long. Inspections will show you if you need to make any repairs on your home before it gets cold or starts to snow. Making the repairs right away before winter will allow you to winterize your home. Winterizing your home will help lower your energy bills and your home will also be able to withstand the winter. We are here to help when you need us most! Trust our team to take care of your home today. Contact us at (815) 388-3561 for an inspection, repairs or consultation today!